How Can You Translate Documents For Immigration?

How Can You Translate Documents For Immigration?

It is critical when your green card is in the process, and you have documents in a regional language. Translation services can only save your situation. First, you need to translate that language into English. But, you cannot do it on your own. It won't be permitted. It's simply because this task needs to be professionally and expertly done. For this, you require an expert and certified translator. NRIWAY can assist you in this matter.

This blog will let you discover the process of adequately obtaining and submitting a certified translation to the immigration office.


Let's first understand the documents that need to be translated.


Documents to be Translated into English

English is an international language. Any legalised document in this language is termed valid and acceptable across the globe. For immigration specifically, you need the translation of these docs:

  • Birth certificate or NABC (Non-Availability of Birth Certificate)
  • Marriage certificate or Single Status Certificate (CENOMAR/ Bachelorhood Certificate)
  • Divorce papers (if you were previously married)
  • Police records, such as Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
  • Bank statements


Can You Translate it on Your Own?

A document translated on your own is acceptable. But, getting it from a certified translator can be immensely helpful. If you are preparing it yourself, you should be qualified and certified to translate a document from a foreign language into English.

One may act as their translator under current US immigration rules. However, for this to happen, you must be sure that you are fluent in both languages.

The immigration officer is at the sole discretion of acceptance. He might or might not look over your papers. Your migration path is immediately apparent when everything is confirmed to be in order. After that, your documents would be examined by the immigration officer, who would then stamp them.

Usually, it is best to minimise danger, which a seasoned translation service provider can do. That expert would assist you in navigating translation difficulties. Doing this can avoid delays in the green card application process.

Furthermore, some embassies only permit interpreters from particular translation agencies. So ensure that such a scenario is never a possibility.


Handwritten or Typed Translation?

We live in a digital era. The consulates and embassies accept typed translations, but this is not the end of your problems. They also require a certification letter to go with it. A certified translator offers it.

A handwritten certification letter is acceptable. However, the typed one is more considerable than the handwritten one. In addition, poor handwriting can delay processing your application. So, preferring the typed translation would be better.


Notarise Translation or Not?

According to laws, every translated document need not be notarised, but it's essential to keep an eye on the rules & regulations. You could lessen the possibility of delays.

However, these documents must either be apostilled or attested by the foreign ministry of your nation.

Cost or Price

Unless you do it yourself, the service is undoubtedly not free. The cost of translation services varies greatly depending on factors like location, service provider, the number of copies required, and other complex factors like blurred content.


Consult a lawyer or subject-matter expert on this issue.








Related Posts