Category: NORI Certificate Service

What is a NORI certificate? Why is it needed?

US immigration standards compel all J-1 visa holders to spend two years in their native country (India). When seeking for an H1B visa, which waives a two-year stay in India, J-1 visa holders must provide a NORI Certificate to US officials. A NORI certificate from an Indian Mission or Post in the United States is required for applicants seeking a J1 waiver. Those returning to India should apply for this certificate at the CPV Division of the Ministry of External Affairs in New Delhi. Applicants who live in a third country must apply through their native country's Indian Mission or Post.

Read more